Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bali Hen Day 4



I woke up a bit hungover and dressed for a workout as cooking for 6 can be a true I mastered my Mexican omlette breakfast today for everyone except Ashley…the idea of eating killed her after she stuggled to keep up with us professional drinkers last night. 

We had a car coming at 2:30 to take us up into the mountains by the Uluwatu beach to watch a traditional Balinese dance inspired from a tribal séance which used to be used to stop epidemics to speak to spirits. It was wild, amazing, all sounds were made by about 70 men and the dancers wore fantasical comstumes which the dolls and I all desired to have for a fancy dress event this year, or winterwell even better. Monkeys and sunsets led way to this event and we just escaped the rain by the time we got to a very interesting seafood palace for dinner. A tropical rain hit just in time for dinner so we missed out on eating on the beach but enjoyed a cool beer and a feast of crab and whole fishies cooked to perfection. 

I am officially beat so I’m in bed…I’m pretty sure the girls are taking down some Balinese wine right now. Sewing in the morning for me and then off to the market in Ubud for jewelry hunting and bargaining. Good thing Misty is here because she and her mummy are queen of the haggle! If anyone can get a deal it's a Butler girl! 

Mmmmm sleep. As much as I love sleeping 3 to a bed, I’m looking forward to making love to my pillow as my plus one tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment